This is the mostly completed RV-9 empennage I purchased from another builder. The price was right, and I ended up getting more tools and other items from him than what he charged me, so the tail was essentially free.
There were some issues with the elevators, trim tab, and rudder. The vertical stabilizer and horizontal stabilizer look OK, but there are some minor issues that remain. I took the left elevator completely apart and put it back together again just to get some experience with my new tools.
After looking it over carefully, I've decided to scrap the entire tail and buy a new kit from Van's.